This Graduation Hat Card box is perfect for sitting on your main graduation party table for all your guests to stuff with cards! The box will accept cards up to 5"x7" with envelopes the lid lifts easily if larger cards need to be placed in diagonally. The box comes sized at approximately 7" x 8" x 8" with the lid in place and it is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats. There is a place to add your own tassel or you can make one from twine!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all your pieces. Gather the two sides shown.
2. Next gather the next two sides as shown.
3. Adhere the first two sides together.
4. Adhere the third panel in place.
5. Adhere the fourth panel in place.
6. Place adhesive on the remaining tab and adhere it to the other side of the box.
7. Push the box up to form the shape and then on the bottom, tuck the two sides in and then tuck the tab into the slot.
8. Your bottom will look like this.
9. Next you are going to build the lid frame. Do the same as you did the box, adhering the pieces together to form a long strip.
10. Adhere the side together to form the shape.
11. Place a strong adhesive on the top as shown.
12. Adhere your square cut piece to the lid, centering.
13. Your lid should look like this now. Adhere your circle on with a foam adhesive.
15. Place your lid on your box and then place your tassel around the circle.
This fun gift box includes three inserts; one for $1 Lottery Tickets, one for Cash, and one for Gift Cards! There is also room underneath the insert if you want to include a small gift. The finished product is approximately 3" x 7" x 1/2" and it includes the base box and cover, the band, the three inserts, and the decorative elements. The file is compatible with the 8x12 and 12x12 cutting mats! You can find the tutorial for this one and see other versions HERE!