Friday, November 26, 2010


Salt Shakers and Buttons?

I am often amazed by the products at our dollar store!  I found a package of two glass salt/pepper shakers for a dollar!  Yes, it is those little moments like that which make me so excited. :)  So, you have shakers...and lots of buttons...what else do you do!?
I love this project.  It is just one of those that make me smile every time I look at it.  I think it is cute and would make a wonderful little gift (that we can all afford!)!  I have the steps below!

Step 1 - Find buttons and wire (you need floral tape too!).
Layer a button or two, bend the wire in half and then press the wire down through the button holes.
Step 2 - Twist the wire tightly on the back side of the button
Step 3 - Wrap the wire with Floral Tape (which my dollar store carries as well)!  I wrap the top section (close to the button) several times to make it thicker then tightly wrap the remaining wire, just putting one layer around.  If you get it thick in the stem area you will not be able to get it through the holes of the shakers.
Step 4 - Trim to length
Step 5 - Place the button flowers through the holes of the shaker and arrange them!
Isn't it fun!?


Supplies:
Salt/Pepper Shaker - Dollar Store
Floral Tape - Dollar Store
Buttons: Pastel (The Paper Studio)
Wire - 24 Gauge (Darice)
 
I would love to see yours!  Be sure to link me up if you create one!

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this!!!! So cute!!! I want to make one!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

What a cute idea! You could also wrap the wire and tape around pens to make button topped pens!!!!

Kim said...

Love it!!!! Fabby idea and yes, I get super excited too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Tooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sweets3068 said...

Oh this is so cute. Thank you for a wonderful idea. I have many buttons that my grandma collected for years, and have been looking for a way to display some of them.I will be making some of these for sure.

CraftyGirl said...

Sooooooooooo cute!! Love those buttons!!
Barb :)

djp said...

ooh what a beautiful project! i see these for mother's day gifts next year...thanks!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [27 Nov 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Laurie said...

Too stinkin' cute Jamie! I love this! I need to have one of these or several...for my SB room!! TFS!

Mary said...

super cute! Very fun idea!

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

This is just adorable!

Leslie Lim said...

It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.

www.imarksweb.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...