This is my new Happy Birthday box! This box comes with the bottom box, and a lid that has cutout "Happy" on the two short ends and "Birthday" on the two long sides. The lid also has four slits along the score line area so that you can easily add a ribbon box to the top (the slits blend in with the score lines and do not have to be used if you prefer not to)! The file also comes with four decorative mat pieces so you can change the color behind the letters as well! The box is approximately 7-1/2" x 5" x 1-1/2" and is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats!
1. Cut out all your pieces and fold on the score lines.
2. Starting with the box base, add adhesive on the four tabs.
3. Adhere the tabs to the box sides.
4. Next grab your lid and place adhesive around the lettering.
5. Adhere the decorative mat on the inside to give the lettering color.
6. Continue doing this until all the sides are covered. You can use different colors for the decorative mats too!
7. Place adhesive on the four tabs as shown.
8. Adhere the tabs to the box sides.
These next steps is if you are using the ribbon slots...
9. Bring your ribbon up through one of the long sides
10. Then back down through the opposite slit.
11. Cross the ribbon in the center of the box on the inside and then insert each end up through the side slots as shown.
12. Tie the ribbon in a bow on top of the box and then add in a twine bow.
13. Place your goodies in the box then place the lid over the box bottom
14. Then push into place!