If you have followed my blog for a while, you know that I am addicted to organization and I love for everything I have to have its own home/spot where it belongs...and you also know that I am a bit of a penny pincher! I have lots of inks (as I am sure most of us do) and that is where this next file comes in...allow me to introduce to you my new Ink Storage Silhouette Cut!
To say I am excited about this one is a bit of an understatement! I actually grabbed my teenager and we sat down to brainstorm this one (she is the brilliance behind the pull out tabbed drawer idea, thank you Hanny)! I have to say, it took me a while to get the sizes right, but it was all very worth it in the end as I think it is just perfect! :)
This file will cut on BOTH the 12" x 12" and 8-1/2" x 12" mats and it works with Memento, Stayz On, Versamark, and the Color Box inks. Those are the ones I had to try, it may fit more.
AND...if you don't have a lot of inks, keep reading
because this darling holds washing tapes too!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the Ink Storage pieces for the drawer and tray. You will need to cut enough to make four drawer/tray units.
2. Take the long piece (drawer) and fold on all the score lines. Place adhesive on the three tabs and the right bottom tab as shown.
3. Fold to two tabs in against the sides of the left bottom tab.
4. Fold down and adhere the side.
5. Complete the drawer by adhering the bottom tab closed as shown.
6. Grab your tray piece and fold on the score lines. Place adhesive on the two tabs.
7. Press the tabs against the sides to form the tray.
8. Place your ink on the tray and insert it in the drawer.
9. This is what it look like closed. You will need to do steps 2-9 for four drawer/tray units.
10. Next cut the holder and fold on all the score lines. If you have the Portrait, you will need to cut both pieces of the Portrait Base (redownload the file from Silhouette if you do not have one labeled Portrait Base). Once you have both pieces cut, adhere the small one on top of the larger one so the right edges overlap.
11. Place adhesive on the four tabs and adhere the tabs to the sides.
12. Place adhesive on all sides of the drawer.
14-16. Repeat steps 12-13 for the remaining three drawers.
17. Place your inks in your holder!
18. Pull on the little tab to pull the drawers out to access the inks more easily.
19-21. These image just show other inks within the ink holder.
22-24. You can use this storage to hold washy tape too. Each slot hold two rolls side by side and then you pull the tray up to access them.
Here is a peek at more of my files that will be releasing this week...