Holiday Break = Crafting with the Kids!

I will admit Holiday breaks, especially those that are two weeks long, tend to frighten me! It's not that I don't like spending time with the kids, because I love it (mostly :) )...it is the "Mom, I'm bored..." I just can't take.  For instance, yesterday morning Gannon had a friend over for the night and when the friends Dad came to pick him up in the morning, before the door shut Gannon was in my art room saying "Ugh, I'm bored...what can I do?"...seriously, the door wasn't even closed!  

I am constantly hunting for cheap activities and ones that will take some time up!  I find Redbox to be a blessing as the kids love picking out their own movie and at $1, I can afford a couple each week they are off :) !  We play video and board games, try to find cheap outside the house activities such as swimming at the local high school, roller skating on the cheap days, matinee movies at the theater, and may even attempt a drive to the ice rink, and I always stock up on dollar store goodies for crafting!  

This year I found a bag of multi-sized foam balls at our Dollar Tree so last night we pulled out some toothpicks, the foam balls, some scrap ribbon, old brads, and a little bit of wire and glue and off they went, creating snow buddies!  
Ashley attaching bells!
This is Gannon's Snow Buddy:
 Hannah's:
 Rickey's (Hannah's boyfriend)
 And Ashley's finished snowman:

I thought they turned out really cute and the kids had fun making them!  And it took up a good 30 minutes :) 

Share:

2 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...