This large basket has a bottom base of 6" x 6" and is approximately 4-1/2" tall making it perfect for gift giving or to use as an Easter Basket. The file comes with three pieces for cutting; Basket Base (cut 4), the Decorative Borders (cut 4), and the Bottom Pieces (cut 2, one goes inside and one on the bottom for a finished look). The file can be made smaller or larger (if you have a 12x12 mat). All pieces are compatible with the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here's the tutorial:
1. Cut out all your pieces and fold on the score lines. Grab two of your basket pieces and place adhesive on the side tabs.
2. Adhere the two pieces together, lining up the tab to the other basket side.
3. Tuck the two bottom pieces together and adhere them in place.
4. Grab your other two basket pieces and adhere them together as you did above.
5. Your pieces should look like this now. Place adhesive around the edges of one of the joined pieces.
6. Adhere the remaining two tabs in place to join the basket. Adhere one of the 6x6 squares inside the basket to give it a finished bottom.
7. Adhere the remaining 6x6x square on the bottom of the basket.
8. Adhere the decorative border along each top edge side. Fill as desired!
To cut this basket as it is sized, I used six pieces of 8-1/2" x 11" white cardstock (4 for the basket sides and 2 for the 6x6 squares) and a scrap piece of pattern paper for the decorative edge.