This is my last file for the week and it is one of my favorites!
This is my new 3D Rainbow Box!
This box is perfect for holding candies, money, coins, jewelry, (Gannon, my son said Skittles! hehe), really anything small. I think this would be great as a party favor, a get well gift, a good luck gift, or just to brighten someone's day!
The box is approximately 4-1/4" x 9-3/4"x 1-3/4" as it is sized, but you can size this one to fit your needs. The file comes with the box base, the lid, the five rainbow pieces, and two clouds. It is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all your pieces. We will be starting with the box base pieces.
2. Join all the strip pieces together using the tabs.
3. Your box base pieces should look like this now.
4. After putting this together, I changed my mind about joining them together first. Leave it as long one strip, it is easier! :)
5. Begin by adhering your strip to one of the rainbow forms. You can either add adhesive to the tabs or to the edges of the rainbow form itself. I am using dry adhesive (scotch 1/4" ATG runner) on the edge of my form.
6. Continue bending the strip around your form following its shape.
7. Your form will look like this now.
8. Place adhesive all over the back of your second rainbow form.
9. Then adhere it inside to cover the tabs.
10. Repeat these steps for the lid. Once complete, the lid will place on top of the box bottom.
11. Your box should look like this now!
12. Cut out the strips in the colors you want (ombre colors would be really cute too!). Adhere them together starting with the largest, then working your way down to the smallest.
13. Adhere the rainbow on to your box, matching up the sides.
14. Adhere your clouds on with foam adhesive.
15. Your box is now complete! Fill with your goodies and embellish as desired!