This buckle gift card bag holds a standard gift card and leaves plenty of room to hide a gift too! The finished size of this box as it comes is approximately 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" at its widest points. The pieces can be sized just remember to leave everything grouped together while sizing! The file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats. This file comes with the two box base pieces, a side panel cover (in case you want to use two different papers as I have), a handle, the inside gift card piece which pulls up when the box is open, two buckles, and a round gift tag.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all your pieces in your desired papers. Fold on the score lines.
2. Place adhesive on the two side tabs of the main box pieces.
3. Adhere the tab to the other box piece.
4. Adhere the remaining tab to the other side of the box.
5. Pop the box into its shape. Push the two bottom side tabs in.
6. Adhere the box bottom closed.
7. Tuck your gift card into the slots.
8. Place adhesive on the back of the gift card insert as shown (top portion).
9. Adhere your insert in place.
10. Tuck each end of the handle into the slots on top of the box.
11. Place the buckles on and tie the tag around the handle area. Since I used different papers for the front and back of my box, I am cutting the side panel so that the box front and sides will match. If you used the same paper for the box pieces, you will not need this cut.
12. Your finished box will look like this! When the recipient opens the box, the gift card will lift up.