Today I am sharing my new Gift Card Bags!
These little bags are the perfect way to hide a gift card! They are approximately 4-1/2" x 4" x 1-1/2" when finish and are compatible with both the 12x12 and 8x12 mats. When the recipient lifts the bag flap, the gift card lifts up to reveal itself! There is even room behind the gift card to place an additional small gift, like a pack of gum or chocolate or you can place in the receipt for the gift card in case they should need it!
I have three versions of this file available, each with its own unique design.
Here is the tutorial:1. Cut out the pieces of the file. Fold on all the score lines.
2. For the main box, place adhesive on the side tab then bring the box edges together and adhere in place.
3. For the bottom of the box, fold the two side tabs in.
4. Fold the slot side up and then press the tabbed side into the slot to close.
5. For the top, place adhesive along the top edge (near the score line) then around the outside edge as shown. Do not place adhesive on the cut flap area, that is what will tuck inside the box to close it.
6. Adhere your decorative panel on.
7. This image shows the inside of the top of the box, the flap should lift as shown.
8. Next place your gift card in the tabs of the insert and then place adhesive on the long top tab. Note: If you are going to add in a handle, this is a good place to do it. Simply cut a piece of ribbon (or twine), make a loop then tie it in a knot (it will be held in place between the box and insert).
9. Match up the top edge of the insert to the top flap of the box and adhere as shown.
10. To close the box, tuck the flap inside the slot.
11. Assemble the decorative element.
12. Adhere the ric-rac piece to the box lid and then adhere the decorative element on the box as desired.
Here are the other two bags in this series: