Good Morning and welcome to Monday! Today begins a new week for Silhouette releases and I am going to start with my new Decorative Snowflake Lantern Box. This box is approximately 6-1/4" x 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" with the main box area being about 4-1/2" tall. It comes with the box base, the box mats (for each side), the vellum/clear panels and it is compatible with the 8x12 and 12x12 mats!
You can use this box with a battery operated candle or as a gift box!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all the main box. To remove the main box from the mat, I like to weed all the pieces from the mat first.
2. Next I put my my box on my table then peel the mat back.
3. Cut out the remaining pieces.
4. Adhere the mat pieces on the box as shown.
5. Fold on all the score lines. Note: for the top, the middle score line will indent in to form a valley while the other two peak up.
6. Turn the box over and place adhesive around the edge of the snowflake area and on the snowflake pieces. Adhere the vellum (or clear) panels in place.
7. Place adhesive along the two side tab pieces and along each of the bottom tab pieces.
8. Adhere to two side tabs to the other side of the box.
9. Pop the box up to form its shape and adhere the bottom tabs together as shown.
10. If you are using this as a gift box, adhere the bottom square in place.
11. If you are using this for a lantern box, adhere the open bottom square in place and then place the full square in the lid area to cover the opening. The opening in the bottom allows you to turn off and on your battery operated tea light or battery operated candle. (Remember, since this is made from paper and adhesive, do not use real candles/flames).
12. Your box should look similar to this now.
13. Tie are ribbon around the neck of the box to complete!
You can find this file HERE!
Here's a look at what else you will find in my store this week!