Good Morning and welcome to November! Today starts a new week of Silhouette files and today I am sharing a fun count down to Christmas! I had a really hard time trying to photograph this one...so hopefully the additional images will help you see all of it.
I used ribbon between my loops to make it a little more elegant, but if you are having the kids put this one together you can simply link the loops together as you go!
Here are some close ups...
As is, each loop is about 2" x 2-1/4" when finished which means you could place little treats in each one or you could use it like a traditional count down and just remove the loops as you go until you are down to Christmas day! The file comes with the scallop loops, the full circles, and the number circles. The number circles are built as cut outs so you don't have to glue each number...which makes this project so much faster! All you have to do is glue the number cut on the full circle and then adhere them to the loop! You could even cut smaller circles to fit the numbers so the numbers are different colors than your outer circle if you wanted! This file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
This project is a lot of fun to put together and easy enough to get the kids to help with! It would also be a fun gift to get the Holiday season started and begin building the excitement!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out the pieces in your desired papers.
2. Bring the tab end around and tuck it into the slot end to form a loop.
3. Next cut a 20" piece of ribbon and pull one end through the loop as shown.
4. Place the ends of your ribbon through a second loop, crossing the ribbon.
5. Bring the ribbon up on top of the second loop and tie.
6. Complete a bow and trim the ends of the ribbon.
7. Continue with steps #3-6 until all 25 loops are in place.
8. Adhere the numbers on the the larger circles and then adhere one number on each loop using a foam adhesive.
You can find this file HERE!
...and here is a peek at what else you will find in my store this week!