This 8-1/2" x 11" desk organizer is approximately 8-3/4" x 5-1/2" x 3" and it has one large unit in the back that is able to hold 8-1/2" x 11" paper then four compartments that are each 4-1/4" wide. I have one of my most used paper packs in the back then on the right side compartments I have my Project Life 4x6 cards standing up and my 2x3 cards in sideways. In the left compartments I have 4x6 envelopes and blank cards. The file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:1. Cut out all the pieces then start with the 8-1/2"x 11" holder. If you are using a Cameo, this is a single cut large piece (shown in image). If you are using a Portrait, this is a 2-piece cut. You will need to adhere the smaller one on top of the larger one using the three small guidelines on the larger piece. Fold on all the score marks then add adhesive to the two center tabs.
2. Adhere the center tabs to the box side as shown. Then add adhesive to the two long tabs that are on the table still.
3. Bring the sides up and adhere them together so your box looks like this.
4. Next grab your compartment boxes. You will have two of each size (my images just show one pair). Fold on the score lines and add adhesive to the center tabs.
5. Adhere the center tabs to the box sides then apply adhesive along the two long tabs as you did with the other box.
6. Bring the sides up and adhere them together.
7. This image shows all four boxes completed.
8. Place adhesive all over the back of one of the larger compartment boxes.
9. Then adhere the compartment box to the 8-1/2"x11" box as shown.
10. Repeat this for the remaining larger compartment box, adhering them side by side.
11. Next adhere the two smaller compartment boxes as your did previously. Your box should look like this image now.
12. Next grab your cover pieces and fold on the score lines.
13. These fold up like this image. You need to place adhesive all over the inside of the piece and then adhere one to the front of the box and the other to the back of the box. These pieces provide strength for the box and also hide some of the seams.
14. Your box will look like this now.
15. This is what the bottom of the box should look like (one seam).
16. Now your ready to fill your box with goodies!