I think this is my favorite of the week! This is my new Wine Bottle Gift Box and it holds a standard size wine bottle perfectly (shown with a Sutter Home 750ml bottle). The finished project measures about 11-7/8" x 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" and has a hinged lid that you can place a clear window on (as shown) or you can make it with paper so the contents can not be seen! The file also comes with a three layered mat to display your gift message and it is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats!
Here is the tutorial:1. Cut out the pieces in the file and fold on all the score lines. Start with the two box pieces and add adhesive to the two long side tabs.
2. Adhere the two pieces together so it looks like this image.
3. Bring the remaining tab over and adhere to form the box.
4. For the bottom, tuck the slot piece down and bring the two side flaps over.
5. Tuck the tabbed piece into the slot.
6. Next grab the square mat piece and place adhesive all over the backside.
7. Insert the square mat into the box and adhere it in the bottom to provide extra support.
8. Next grab your wine neck hinged piece. Add adhesive to the tab.
9. Adhere it to the right side of the box.
10. Grab the remaining wine neck piece and place adhesive on the tab area.
11. Adhere it to the left side of the box as shown.
12. Next we will work with the lid. I am using a clear front window. If you want your contents hidden, cut the smaller piece with paper to match your larger piece.
13. Place adhesive on the two small side tabs.
14. Adhere the tabs to the sides so it looks like this now.
15. Place adhesive on the three tabs of the window piece.
16. Adhere the window piece to the main lid piece adhering the top and sides.
17. Finally place adhesive on the back of the tab piece of the lid.
18. Adhere it to the box as shown.
19. Grab your wine bottle...
20. Then insert it into the box. Place the neck in the holders then tie a bow around the bottle neck. Pull the lid over to close.
21. Grab your decorative label pieces.
22. Adhere them in order and add your sentiment.
23. Attach with foam adhesive to the front of the box and your gift is ready!