Good Morning and Welcome to September! My kiddos are going back to school today...can you hear the excitement in my voice? :) I love having them home but I welcome the structure school provides us and the quiet of the house is always great too! (it is always nice to have the house cleaned and remain clean for more than 30 minutes at a time as well!)
Today I would like to introduce my new Six Section Marker Box. This box can be used horizontally or vertically and has three boxes which each contain two sections. I left them removable as I tend to take a group of markers with me to color so this makes it so easy to grab the color grouping I want! The main box is approximately 6" x 3-3/4" x 3-1/4". The inside boxes are 5-7/8" x 3-1/8" x 1-1/8" and each compartment is about 1-1/8" x 1-1/2" x 5-7/8". You can cut multiples and glue the main boxes together (tops and sides) to create and entire marker storage center! The files are compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats!
Here's the tutorial:
1. Cut out the main box pieces and fold on all the score lines.
2. Add adhesive to the right long tab of the smaller piece and adhere the tab to the left edge of the larger main box piece as shown.
3. Place adhesive around the three short tabs around the bottom of the larger piece and adhere the tabs to the sides of the box.
4. Place adhesive along the remaining tab and adhere it to the edge of the box.
5. Your box should look like this now!
6. Next cut three of the divider boxes.
7. Fold on all the score lines then add adhesive to the two long side tabs.
8. Each side folds into the main box. Bring both pieces toward the center, line them up and adhere them as shown.
9. Next place adhesive between the two boxes to glue their sides together. I use a liquid adhesive for this step. If you are using a tape adhesive you can add it in step 8 before you bring the two together.
10. Flip the box around so the back is facing you. Add adhesive on the two rounded tabs and on the back of the two side tabs.
11. Tuck the two side tabs in to the box and close the end so it is flat against the box.
12. Use a pen on the inside to push the rounded tabs against the back of the box and the side tabs to the sides of the box.
13. Lastly, add adhesive to the remaining tab area and adhere it down on the box.
14. Your divider box should look like this now.
15. Repeat steps 7-13 until you have three boxes.
16. Insert your divider boxes into the main box.
17. Fill with markers!
Here is what else you will find in my store this week!