This is my most favorite photo storage unit I have created yet! It is beautiful and compact and nice enough to have sitting out on your end table for others to look through the photos before you get them in your scrapbooks! It would be perfect for gift giving too! The finished project measures approximately 6-1/4" x 4-1/8" x 2" and it stores lots and lots of photos! The box has a hinged lid that helps keep the dust and light off the photos which will help protect them and the side slots allow the photos to be taken out of the box from the sides which will keep those finger prints off them too! The file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the pieces and fold on the score lines.
2. Apply adhesive to the tabs of the large piece as shown.
3. Adhere the tabs to the box sides. It should look like this now.
4. Grab the lid piece and place adhesive on the tabs.
5. Adhere the tabs to the sides.
6. Next place adhesive on one of the ends of the remaining piece as show.
7. Line up the piece with the lid piece.
8. Adhere the piece inside the lid piece as shown.
9. Next place adhesive on the other end of the center piece as shown.
10. Turn your main piece over (with cut-out ends) and adhere the center end to the bottom of the main piece.
11. Turn the piece over and fill with photos.
12. Close the lid.