This is my new Die Holder box and it is another really big one! This box was created to house my Spellbinder and Cuttlebug dies along with the little cards that come with them. For example, I cut down the Spellbinder cards so I have the die name and design on the one card and then cut a separate piece that the die was stuck to originally then I store them together in a pocket. This way I can get the information quickly for blog postings and magazine submissions!
The box measures approximately 7-1/2" x 5-3/4" x 5" and has a hinged lid for easy opening/closing! The file includes three box base pieces, the hinged lid, a pocket folder , and three divider tab pieces. You will have to cut multiple pocket folders and divider tabs to suit your needs. This file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut your three box base pieces then fold on all the score lines and add adhesive to the long tab piece on the small piece, the two tab pieces on the larger piece, and the three bottom tab pieces on the long center piece.
2. Adhere the small piece and larger piece to the long center piece.
3. Then join the pieces together to form the box shape.
4. Adhere the center tab pieces to the sides of the box. Your box should look like this now.
5. Cut your hinged lid piece and fold on all the score lines. Add adhesive to the small squares.
6. Adhere the small squares to the sides to form the lid.
7. Add adhesive to the back of the hinged piece as shown.
8. Adhere the lid to the back (tall end) inside of the box.
9. Your box should look like this now!
10. Next cut as many pockets as you need. Fold each pocket on the score lines then add adhesive to the small tabs. Fold the pocket piece up and adhere it to itself.
11. This image shows how I store my dies. I place a small magnetic strip on the card I cut from the original die packaging then stack my dies and then cut the name piece too.
12. Fill your pockets.
13. Then store them inside the box. The file also comes with divider tabs (shown in this image as well) so that you can label your sections too!