I love this box. I know, I think I say that at least twice a week...but really, I do!
This is a large round box (over 6-1/2") that includes a lid and optional dividers to create four sections! The tutorial is a little lengthy, but it is only to step out each piece...it really isn't as complicated as it looks (we all know I am about easy assembly by now, right!?)! This file can fit both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats.
Okay, so here we go!
Let's start with the base...1. Cut the pieces in your desired papers.
2. Fold on all the provided score lines on the band pieces.
3. Apply adhesive on the tab as shown.
4. Place both pieces on the backs and line to two up.
5. Adhere the tab.
6. Place adhesive on the small long tab
7. Adhere the strip down to the back of the paper as shown.
8. Flip the paper back over and place adhesive on your tab.
9. Join the two together to form a circle shape.
10. Place adhesive on the back edges of one of your circles
11. Place your circle box down so the flaps are on your table and push your circle in (adhesive down).
12. Press firmly to adhere the tabs to the circle piece.
13. Flip your box over, it should look like this now.
14. Grab your second circle and place adhesive all over.
15. Adhere the second circle to hide the tabs.
16. Turn your box back over.
17. Grab your divider pieces and place adhesive on the side tabs.
18. Put the divider pieces together using the slots.
19. Place the divider piece in the box and center it.
20. Once you have it where you want it, adhere the tabs to the box walls.
Next we are going to build the lid.21. Gather your pieces and fold on the score lines for the bands.
22. Place adhesive on the tab as shown.
23. Join the two bands together.
24. Place adhesive along the long tabs.
25. Fold the tab down.
26. Place adhesive on the other tab on the right side of your paper.
27. Join the ends together to form a circle shape.
28. Place adhesive around the edges on the backside of your circle shape.
29. Push the circle into the band, adhesive side down.
30. Adhere the circle to the flaps.
31. Place adhesive all over the back side of your second circle.
32. Flip your lid over and place the second circle on top and adhere to cover the tabs.
33. This is what your finished lid should look like.
34-35. Additional box images.
And here is a peek at the new files for this week...