Good morning! Today I am sharing two of my newest Silhouette 3D Flowers, Layered Flower Four. There are two versions of this cut file, one is a ruffled edge and one is a straight edge. You can find both files in my Silhouette Store!
These flowers are thick so they are not recommended for scrapbook pages or cards that will be mailed. Each cut file comes with twelve strips that will need to be assembled but no worries, these flowers go together quickly and they are super easy!
I am going to show you how to put them together using the Ruffled Edge cut, but the Straight Edge cut works the same.
1. Cut out the file using your Silhouette.
2. Place a brad in the center hole. Note: If using all twelve strips, you will want a brad with a long stem.
3. Place the brad face down so the stem is pointing up then bring one of the ends over and push the brad through.
4. Next bring the other end over and push the brad through.
5. Grab your second strip of paper and push the brad through the center hole, staggering the strip of paper as shown.
6. Bring one end up and push the brad through.
7. Bring the other end up and push the brad through. Continue doing this until all twelve strips are in place making sure to alter the direction of each paper strip so your flower will be full.
8. As you can see from this image, I do not have very much of a stem left on my brad however if you used a long stem brad there is enough to close it, I promise! Just use a paper piercer or thick needle to separate the ends of the brad and push down on each side firmly. Don't worry about squishing the flower as we will fix that next!
9. This is my favorite part! Flip the flower over and stick a pencil (or finger) in each of the loops and puff it out! Your flower should look like this now! You can use hot glue or a strong adhesive to glue the flowers to sticks or frames or even a wreath base!
Here are a couple more projects I created using these flowers: