Oh how I needed this card! I am over here in Michigan still seeing the snow and I am finding that many of my projects are starting to take on a warm summer theme! It has been a long winter :)
Today I am using the Surf's Up Paper Packet and the Just Chillin' Stamp Set along with some fabulous Close To My Heart Inks to create this warm, sunny card!
Tutorial:1. Use inks to create the sky/clouds then stamp the sun as shown. Using the Just Chillin stamp set, stamp the sun on white cardstock with yellow ink then punch out the center circle and adhere it on top of the stamped sun on the card with foam adhesive. Cut three layers with curves for the 'sand' using the Surf's Up Paper Packet and adhere the back layer as shown on the card.
2. Here are my other two layers.
3. Adhere the second 'sand' layer as shown.
4. Adhere the third 'sand' layer as shown.
5. Stamp the umbrella stamp on the card as shown in this image.
6. Using a red ink, stamp the umbrella top on white cardstock then fussy cut the umbrella top, removing the pole completely.
7. Use foam adhesive to adhere the umbrella top.
8. Use scissors to remove the overhang from the umbrella as shown.
9. Stamp the "Just Chillin" sentiment on the bottom right corner of the card.
10. Stamp the lawn chair on the card as well as on the blue patterned paper as shown.
11. Fussy cut the lawn chair, making it four pieces as pictured. Make sure to keep the top and bottom slat pieces connected. Fold those pieces where the patterned paper shows so the bottoms angle up.
12. Adhere the lawn chair bottom on to the card as shown.
13. Next adhere the three back pieces only gluing down the flat backs, leave the bottom "sitting area" folded out.
14. This is what your card should look like now.
15. Add in twine to the sun and then tie a twine bow for the umbrella top.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!