This pinwheel centerpiece is perfect for party tables!
The finished project comes sized at approximately 8-3/4" x 6" x 3" but can be sized to fit your needs. The file comes with the box base, the pinwheel insert (to hold the pinwheels in place), the pinwheel stems, the pinwheels in various sizes, and the center star pieces.
The file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the box base and place adhesive on the side tab and seven small tabs along the bottom. Wrap the side around the base, adhering the small tabs as you go.
2. Adhere the side tab and your box should look like this.
3. Repeat these steps for the insert piece.
4. Place your insert inside your box. This will fit firmly so you do not need adhesive.
5. Cut and roll your stems. Place adhesive in the corner marked with an X and place your skewer/pencil in the corner marked with roll and then roll your skewer/pencil toward the adhesive (X). Make sure the corner with a hole in it is not one marked with X! My hole is on the top right side in the photo.
6. Your stem should look like this now. Remove your skewer/pencil.
7. Line up the holes in each of your pinwheels then push a brad through the center. Do not close it yet.
8. Grab your stem and push the brad through the hole in your stem point. Close the brad.
9. Level off the end of your stem so it will stand flat.
10. Insert your pinwheel in the box placing the stem in one of the insert holes.
11. Repeat the steps until all pinwheels are assembled. Your project should look like this now! Embellish as desired!