How fun would these Fortune Cookies be for your New Year's Eve celebrations? You can use the 2014 piece that comes with the file or you can print or write your own insert! The finished project is approximately 3-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" but can be sized to be smaller or larger and this file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8x12 mats!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out the pieces and assemble the 2014 banner in the center of the larger mat.
2. Bend the circle in half using the guidelines at each end of the circle. Place a small bit of adhesive on the circle tips to hold it closed as shown.
3. Insert your banner/message.
4. This part is a little tricky…there are score lines on the inside (bended) area of the circle…push that area in and bend the sides around. The area that you placed adhesive on will fold down as you bend inward.
5. Pinch the back (folded) area to set the shape.
6. Your fortune cookie will look like this now!