Happy Monday! Today is the new release day at the Silhouette Store and I am super excited to share my latest digital cutting files with you! This is my new Six Section Storage Box and it can be used standing up as shelves or lying down on your table or even in a drawer to use it as an organizer/divider! The finished project measures approximately 9-3/4" x 7-3/4" x 1-1/4" and the six compartments are about 3-1/4" x 3-3/4" x 1-1/4". The file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
(it looks long, but it goes really quickly once you have it all cut!)1. Cut out six of the main box pieces and fold on all the score lines.
2. Place adhesive on the inside of each of the four tabs as shown.
3. Adhere the tabs to the outside of the box so they do not show in the main box area.
4. Your box should look like this now.
5. Do the above steps for each of the six boxes you cut out.
6. Next place adhesive along the long edge of one of your boxes.
7. Adhere is to another box then place adhesive along the long edge of one of those boxes...
8. Adhere a third box so it looks like this. Do this with the other three boxes.
9. Your boxes should look like this now.
10. Next place adhesive along one of the short edges of a set of three.
11. Then adhere the second set of three to it. Your boxes will look like this now!
12. Next cut out all your divider pieces; 3 shorter ones and 4 longer ones. Fold on the score lines provided.
13. Starting with the longer ones, place adhesive inside each tab
14. Then adhere them in place between each box as shown. These help hide the gaps and also provide stability to the box so that it can hold heavier items!
15. Your boxes will look like this now.
16. Next grab your three shorter tabs and place adhesive on their backs then place them in between each of the boxes as shown and adhere.
17. Your boxes will look like this now.
18. Cut out your four edge pieces and fold on the score lines.
19. Add adhesive to the back of each.
20. Adhere them on the box in the corresponding areas, placing the score line along the back of the box edge and adhering the side so it is even with the sides of the box.
21. Your box will look like this on the back side.
22. Finally cut your backing piece and place adhesive all over the back.
23. Adhere it in place to cover the back seams.
24. Now your box is ready to be filled!
Here is a look at what else will be hitting my Silhouette Store later this week!