I love this pocket spider! It is 8.45" x 7.5" and has a 2-14" x 1-1/2" x 1/2" tall pocket that is perfect for holding treats! These would be great for classroom treats, as party favors, as a bag decoration, or even to hand out to those special trick-or-treaters! This file is compatible with both the 8-1/2x12 and 12x12 mats.
1. Cut out all the pieces.
2. Place adhesive around the edges of one of the oval pieces.
3. Fold the long piece on the score lines.
4. Begin wrapping the long piece around the oval piece adhering the tabs as shown.
5. Continue around the piece until it looks like this.
6. Place adhesive on the back of the second oval piece.
7. Adhere the oval piece on top to hide the tab pieces.
8. Place adhesive on the small tabs under the box
9. Then adhere the box on the spider base, using a pen to secure it in place.
10. Your box should look like this now!
The Pocket Spider works perfectly with my new Large Gift Bag too! This is a separate file that is also available this week through my Silhouette store.
This bag is approximately 7" x 8-1/4" x 3-1/4" and is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12. The files comes with a base box piece that needs to be cut twice, a bottom piece for the bag, and a long handle that tucks in the box slots.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the pieces (two box bases, handle, and box bottom insert).
2. Fold on the score lines then place adhesive on the two tabs.
3. Adhere the tabs together to form the bag.
4. Pop up the bag and place a small strip of adhesive along the bottom edge of the bottom flap as shown. Adhere the piece to the top piece to close the box.
5. Place adhesive on the back side of the rectangle piece.
6. Insert the piece in the bag and secure along the bottom.
7. Run the handle piece along the side of your table to help curve.
8. Insert the handle into the side slots.