Isn't he adorable? This is my new Bat Box and he is perfect for small treats, a pair of fangs, or party favors! The box is oval and approximately 5" x 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" and with the bat wings, it is about 11-3/4". This file comes with all the pieces needed to make the bat eyes and mouth as well and it is all compatible with the 8-1/2x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut all the pieces in your desired papers.
2. Grab the pieces for the base. Fold on the provided score marks and place adhesive on the two tab areas as shown.
3. Adhere the two pieces together.
4. Flip the piece over and place adhesive under the small long tab.
5. Fold the piece down on itself.
6. Bring the two sides together to form an oval.
7. Apply adhesive around the edge of one oval.
8. Adhere that piece down in the oval to form the proper shape.
9. Flip your base over and you should see the little tabs.
10. Apply adhesive all over the back of the remaining base oval.
11. Adhere the oval over the bottom of the box to hid the tabs.
12. Do the same steps for the lid piece (2-9).
13. Place adhesive on the back of the bat piece where the oval is only.
14. Adhere the bat on the lid piece lining up the ovals.
15. Place the lid on the box base. You can use the box as is or continue on to add the face and mouth...
16. Gather the mouth pieces.
17. Adhere the cut piece on top of the solid piece.
18. Gather the eye pieces. Adhere the eyes on top of the whites.
19. Adhere the eyes on the large cut pieces.
20. Place the pieces on the box front using foam adhesive.
21. Your box should look like this now!