I love this bag. It measures approximately 9" x 7" x 2-3/4" in its widest areas, comes with two handles, and a pocket that is perfect for a small card, tag, or gift card! The little pocket also comes with two small holes to tie a bow with ribbon or twine (if you do not want the holes, you can always use the 'release compound path' to remove them)! This bag would be great for gift giving many items and could even been done to look like a purse! It goes together very quickly making it ideal for cutting multiples for large party favors and it is compatible with both the 8-1/2x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out the pieces in your desired papers. Fold on all the score lines then add adhesive to the to two side tabs and one of the bottom tabs.
2. Adhere the two bag pieces together as shown.
3. Then adhere the other sides together to form the bag.
4. For the bottom, tuck in the two side tabs then bring down the piece with adhesive.
5. Pull and press the remaining tab to adhere.
6. Next add adhesive to the back side of the rectangle piece. This will go in the bottom of the box to give it more support.
7. Here is what the rectangle piece looks like within the bag.
8. Next run the two handles along the edge of your desk to curve.
9. Insert the two handles in the provide slots. I use one handle on each side, but you can give the bag a different look by making them go across the bag as well.
10. Place adhesive on the back of the pocket sides.
11. Tie ribbon or twine in the provided holes.
12. Push the bottom tab down then push the two sides in to form the pocket.
13. Then adhere the pocket on to the front of the bag.
You could also cut an additional pocket and place it inside the bag to make it look more like a purse! :)