If you have followed my blog for a while you know that I am crazy for Halloween. We love to decorate the house with all kinds of scary inside and out...so you can imagine how eager I am to start in on Halloween files! :) This is my new Spooky Blocks and they can be used in a couple different ways. I have mine glued together but you can leave each letter on its own and space them out a little if you'd like! You can even use the spider and "spooky" letters on their own! The file comes with two different sizes of boxes (you need to cut six), the "spooky" letters, and the spider pieces. I have my spider attached with wire I wrapped around a pen and place in one of the boxes (the wire is not included). This file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats. When glued together this is approximately 11-3/4" x 3-3/4" x 7/8".
Here's the tutorial:
1. Cut out three of the tall boxes and three of the shorter boxes and the "spooky" letters.
2. Fold the boxes on the score lines and add adhesive to the side tab and the first tab as shown.
3. Adhere the sides together to form the box.
4. For the bottom, press in the two side tabs.
5. Then push the tab with adhesive down and adhere the final tab to it.
6. Turn the box right side up and fold in the two small tabs at the top.
7. Tuck in the lid piece. Your box should look like this now.
8. Do steps 2-7 for all the boxes.
9. Adhere the letters on to the boxes. You can leave the boxes separated...
10. or you can glue the sides of the boxes together to make one unit.
11. Cut out the spider pieces, add highlights with a white gel pen if desired.
12. Bend a paper clip or wire around a pen|pencil as shown.
13. Adhere the wire piece to the back of the spider.
14. Tuck the wire into the corner of one of the boxes.
15. Image of my finished boxes!