Good Morning! Today is new release day at Silhouette and I am excited to share my new creations with you! I have quite a few more organizational boxes and files to share and this is among my favorites for the week!
This is my Twine Storage Box!
This box is about 4-1/4" x 2" x 2-1/4" when cut as designed and will fit both the 12x12 and 8-1/2x12 mats. The box holds standard twine rolls (such as those from The Twinery). The file comes with pieces for the box base, an acetate cut for the window area, and four decorative panels.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut all the pieces in your desired papers. Score on all the provided score lines.
2. Turn your main box base piece over to work with the inside area. Place adhesive around the edges of the window area and below the circle as shown.
3. Adhere the clear/acetate piece over the window area, matching up the circles. Note: You can leave the window covering off if desired. However, it does add stability to the hole for pulling the twine through (and keeps the dust off too)!
4. Next grab the lid piece and place adhesive along the bottom edge as shown.
5. Adhere the lid to the box (shown by arrow in photo).
6. Flip the box base back over ad adhere the decorative panels.
7. Place adhesive along the long side tab and the three tabs around the bottom of the box.
8. Adhere the three tabs to the box sides and then adhere the long tab to the other side of the box to form its shape. Lay the box down as shown.
9. Pull twine through the hole provided.
10. Put your twine roll in the box. Wind up the excess twine.
11. Close the two side panels.
12. Finish by pushing the lid down!
You can cut multiple boxes and adhere the sides together to create a larger storage unit too!