Here is one of the boxes I am releasing this coming week in my
This is my 4th of July Popper Box and it holds two boxes of the poppers (you know, the ones that the kids throw to the ground and they make a snap noise!). These are one of our favorites of the 4th of July season around here. I am not quite sure why, but the kids always go nuts for them! I thought that it would be fun to give these as party favors for all the kiddos! I plan to write their names on the bottom portion of the box to keep them all straight :)
These boxes can also be sized down to fit the Portrait mat too, simply keep everything grouped together while you scale the pattern down to keep the proportions then you can ungroup the pattern to move the scalloped pieces for a second cut. When scaled down, this box will hold one box of poppers (laying long ways) with about 1/2" on each side.
Here is the tutorial:
1. For the Cameo, you can place two different colors of cardstock on your mat for this cut. Just trim 1" from your main 12x12 cardstock then add in your second color as a 1"x12" cut as shown. Note, the "4th" is cut backwards as the backside of the paper will be displayed for the stars but the front side of the paper makes the box.
2. Starting with the large box, fold on all the score lines, making sure to fold up the pieces. Place adhesive on all the areas shown (the four tabs, the two rounded pieces, the two large square flaps, and the long border edge).
3. While your box is flat, adhere on one of the scallop pieces and create faux stitching with a white pen if desired.
4. Bring the back of the box (with the stars) up and adhere the two side tabs to the rounded tab piece.
5. Adhere the other side of the smaller tabs.
6. Next, press the circular pieces down and adhere to the box sides.
7. Bring the longer border edge over to the back of the box and line up with the sides then adhere, pressing firmly.
8. Push the two larger sides down and adhere those to the side of the box.
9. Finally, adhere the last scallop piece to the front of the box as shown.
This is a super quick box to put together which
makes it perfect for making multiples!
Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see my new
Pocket Invitation file and to get a peek at the
rest of my new releases!