Tuesday, June 05, 2012


The Twinery + Rubbernecker Stamps!


The Twinery is joining up with Rubbernecker Stamps 
to bring you a day full of inspiration!  If this is your first stop, you will want to head back to The Twinery Blog so you won't miss out anything!
You should have arrived here from Julia Aston's blog!

*******

Today I am working with the Rubbernecker Animal Inchies Stamp Set 

  

I started off by selecting a piece of patterned paper from Authentique's Genuine 6x6 Bundle that contained a pattern that would be easy to follow with a needle and Baker's Twine.  I cut the paper to fit the size of my base cardstock (4" x 5-1/2") then placed it on a foam mat and pushed my needle through to puncture the paper, leaving holes for my twine.

Once I had my holes set, I threaded a large hole needle and started sewing.
I finished one direction and then went back through 
to complete the Chevron pattern.  I did this for each colored
row on the patterned paper.

I cut a tag from one of the papers within the paper bundle and then stamped the "Hot Diggity Dog" stamp on in it then adhered it to the card using 1/4" square Zapdots from Helmar.  For the 'many thanks!', I trimmed a straight border sticker sentiment so that I could angle the words to fit the paper pattern!

Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Genuine 6x6 Bundle, Authentiqu
Cardstock: White, Recollections
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Momento
Stickers: We've Got Your Border #51004 Thank You, SRM Stickers
Adhesive: Adhesive Runner and 1/4" Square Zapdots, Helmar
Punch: 1/4" Round, Zutter



The Twinery is giving away a 'I Dream in Color' Sampler Pack, retail value of $32!




And Rubbernecker Stamps is giving away a $25 gift card!

To be eligible for prizes, just leave comments on each participating blog on the hop. 
Deadline to leave comments is 11:59pm EDT, Friday, June 8th   
  
Be sure to check out The Twinery Blog to see the full list of hop participants
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Your next stop on the hop is the amazing Juliana Swanson 

62 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Jamie, this is just too cute!

Scrapaddict said...

So dog-gone cute!

Maria said...

Love your project. Super cute

Diane said...

Love this...so creative...and love the twine...such a pretty shade of yellow...the dog is sweet, too!!

Julia Aston said...

what a vibrant design with the fun chevron paper Jamie! love your stitching with the twine and the cute little doggie!!

Monika Wright said...

Awesome card...would never have thought to use the Inchies that way!

Ellen said...

Way to work those Chevrons! Yup, I agree Dog Gone cute!! Thanks for playing along with The Stampin' Sisterhood!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your idea to sew with the twine!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Dog-gone CUTE is right! This is one of my favorite Rubbernecker Animal images. I just love his goofy ideas. I also love how you stitched your twine onto your chevron patterned paper---cool idea! Love your cute blog banner, as well. Thanks for playing with the Stampin' Sisterhood!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I meant to type goofy "eyes" not ideas. Jeesh! :-)

Judy Rozema said...

Love the set you chose and the creative and chic way you stitched!! Thanks for joining forces today with Rubbernecker Stamps. Really creative card!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Very cute and creative card!

Deb H. said...

Cute card. The twine adds so much to the card.

Jingle said...

Fabulous!!!

hopefulcrafter said...

Wow what a super great card you made, I just love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute card , love the paper. Mary L Schreiber

Karen said...

Oh this is cute. I love the way you followed the pattern of the paper with the twine and that little doggy is darling!

Kittie said...

Jamie, this is precious! I love all the dimensional design your twine adds.

Carolyn King said...

Love how u accented the chevron design with the twine. Fabby, Jamie!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Technically perfect too, clearly lots of work and precision went into this!

Julie S. said...

Wow! That looks great. BTW, I love the card below too!

Laura said...

very cute card---LOVE those stamps!

Shoregirl said...

Love your chevron twine! CUTE!

Vicki Dutcher said...

fun use of the twine -- love it in yellow!!

Margaret said...

So very creative!

Juliana said...

WOW!
I love the stitched chevrons and the MANY many thanks!

Really cute and well done card, Jamie!

Carla said...

Very clever. Cute use of the twine.

Carla from Utah

Angi said...

Fabulous idea Jamie! I love how you used the twine!

loly borda said...

Wow! So creative, I love it!
Loly Borda

Jennifer said...

This is one of the most amazing cards I've ever seen!! Wow!!

Janis said...

So unique. This card is awesome, you did a great job.

TY Janis

Nicole McNamara said...

Love what you have done!

Gaby Bee said...

This card is terrific! Beautifully done. Love it!

Greetings from Germany
Gaby

Susan said...

Wow, what a card! Nice use of twine
Thank you

Linda R. said...

Oh wow! You did a great job. Love the sewing.

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like how you sewed with twine on the chevron pattern.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

nice project. Thanks for being a part of this hop!

InezbyDesign said...

What a great idea! Love the punch the twine gives the paper. Nice work.

Ladybug said...

Well, hot diddidy dog that's a cute project! TFS! :-)

Joan Ervin said...

What a fantastic design...sooo artey and creative!!!! Love the sewing you did and the little pup is just tooo cute!!!

the primitive country bug said...

Cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute, love the idea!

pam said...

great technique with the chevron

Loll Thompson said...

Cute card! Like the chevrons with the twine!

Heather said...

love the chevron!

Carol said...

Cool idea!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

rlovew said...

I love the twine on the chevrons- what a fantastic idea.

Julie S. said...

Super cool card. I love your paper choice. TFS.

julieshearer@sbcglobal.net

stampencamper said...

what a delightful project; and way to go with giving it so much dept and demension with the beautiful twine

Liz said...

I need to get some needles and lear to sew! This is such a great technique!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

So cute! I love the twine zig zags and the sentiment following along!

Cheryle said...

Another great idea! I am learning so much from this hop!

Helen F. said...

Such a great idea, Jamie. Very special!

Emily H said...

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Beth Adams said...

So creative, love your card! This is my first visit to your site and love how you show how you created your cards, I can't wait to come back and spend some time looking around.

Linda said...

such a fabulous card! Love what you did with the twine on the chevrons.

silvia said...

Super fun card!!

Christine Kiehl said...

WOW! This is the first time I have seen or heard of "inchies" I am a fan who will be working on making a huge collection. Of course I love your work too! Thanks for posting and for the super fun hop!

Christine Kiehl said...

Hot Diggity dog, love your site and your crafts!

jordanbev5 said...

So clever!
Beverly
jordanbev5@yahoo.com

Jessica said...

Awesome card! love those twine chevrons!

Patty said...

This hop amazes me. All the different ways you can use twine and I think yours surprised me the most! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...