This month I am Guest Designing at Jillibean Soup and this week I am sharing my family's love for Checkers...
We love Checkers!
However, I have never been fond of our checker board. It is the old red and black squares with a yellow outline and quite flimsy. Now I am sure that they make a better quality checker set out there, but can you say you have seen one this cute?
Here is how I created mine:
- Combine two thick 12x12 chipboard pieces together and ink around the edges.
- Punch 64 1-1/4" squares (32 in plaid and 32 in floral) and ink around the edges of all the squares.
- Punch 64 1-1/4" squares in Wonderfilm (a two sided adhesive that I used to adhere the squares to the board).
- Build a grid of 8 across and 8 high, keeping the checker board look of every other square is a differnt pattern.
- Once you have all the squares in their grid, use a black fine-tip marker to create dashes around each square as shown.
- To finish the board, use a sealer to set all the pieces.
For the checker pieces:
(Note: I bought a $2 set from a bargain store to get my pieces)
- Punch out circles in two patterns, 12 of each pattern, and ink the edges.
- Punch out the same size circle in Wonderfilm (a two sided adhesive that I used to adhere the pattern paper to the checker pieces).
- Create and decorate a sliding box to hold the pieces!
Paper and Embellishments: Apple Cheddar Soup (Jillibean Soup)
Twine: Jillibean Soup
Ink: Black Chalk Ink (Cat's Eye)
Pen: Black Dual-Tip Pen (Creative Memories)
Punch: Square Maker (Creative Memories)
Sealer: Spray Acrylic Sealer (Krylon)