Wednesday, May 18, 2011


Scrap Stuff Mini Book!

My Sister-in-law, Kim created a binder of all (LOL a binder would not hold that!) some her scrappy supplies and she takes it with her when we go out shopping so that she knows what she has at home!  I just loved the idea and had to try one for myself!   
 
My album is 5" x 8-1/2" and is sporting some of my favorite Scrap Within Reach, Paper Boy!
I have 60 pages, many of which are still empty...need that room to grow, right!?  :) 
 I printed notebook paper on a thick white cardstock (my HP B8550 large format photo printer has this feature built in and I LOVE it!) to use as the pages. I have a few graph sheets at the end of the book as well...not sure what to use them for yet - I just have an addiction to graph paper!
For some of the pages, I copied photos from the internet into Word then printed them out so that I would be able to see the products:
 I even printed a "tiny" version of the Copic chart...
 And these are Stamps by Judith...something Kim has a lot of!  She talked me into these during the Mega Meet earlier this month!  You should see her book of stamps...you'd be as jealous as I am!  :)
 
And of course a rubber band to hold it all together as it runs free in my purse!
Don't you just love the idea!? 
And as long as I write down the new stuff, I will never have a duplicate again! 
Thanks for the inspiration Kim!  Hannah and I had a lot of fun pulling out all the stuff and adding it to my book!

18 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

Great idea!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Great idea. Love the colors too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is just an AWESOME idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Dear Jamie,

I am looking forward to your visit. You know...the one where you are coming to organize my stuff and make one of these fabulous little books for me while I browse blogs and such. I promise to give you the beverage of your choice. Just say'n.

Your friend,

Jingle

HA! No...seriously, though... this is awesome! I'm impressed!

Chelle said...

I have been doing something like this for a couple of years now, nothing so fancy. Now I have it in PDF format and on my iphone.

scubascrapper brandi said...

I must do this!! This is something I have been doing in a little notebook, because I tend to buy duplicates (ooops ;)). But now I think I need to dress it up and get it done before I go to CKC Charlotte. Maybe then I won't buy the same stuff again LOL. I must know...did you add a couple of wish list pages :)? Jamie, thanks for your continuing inspiration! I hope you know how we appreciate it.

Claudia said...

I love this Jamie! I could really use one of these. Sometimes I have no idea what I have since my "craft room" is spread out over three sections of the house. TFS!
Claudia

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Hey Brandi! I have a few sticky notes at the back of my book with some of the items that I know I want to purchase...that way I can easily remove the items easily once they make it into my stash! :)

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

AWESOME job!!! I LOVE this!!! :-)

Cindy said...

LOOKS GOOD! Seriously! A great way to be organized. After yo visit Jingle you can come by my house. I think I'm a lot closer as I live in Michigan.

Thanks for sharing your creativity and organization.

Cindy
www.cpmemories.blogspot.com

Nati Tristan said...

That's so cute! And that's a great idea too!

Carrie K said...

Fabulous idea!!

Caroline Hackney said...

This is a really great idea. I'd started something similar for all my Slice design cards but never finished it. You might have helped me get in gear to complete that task now - thanks!

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Jamie!
I wanted you to know that I loved your idea soooo much that I featured it on our Thursday Tutorials over at FCCB. It will be up live tomorrow at 6:00 A.M. Please be sure and check it out at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much for this awesome idea! It's my mission to create one of these ASAP!

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Design Team & Thursday Tutorial Host)

amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Adele said...

Fabulous idea WTG Kim for the inspiration :)
Hugs
Adele

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOWZA...Fab idea. I hate coming home to find out that I had already purchased the same item. :)

Amy C said...

What a great idea!! One place for all that info and it is easy to throw into your purse or bag when you go shopping. I ♥ it and I may need to scraplift!!

Hugs,
Amy

Michelle said...

Looks gr8 Jamie! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...