Friday, June 11, 2010


Customized Candle


I love candles of all kinds but lets face it, they can get pricey! I have had my eyes on a candle at a fancy store for a couple weeks but as I was playing with my Helmar Clear Zapdots I figured out that I could mimic it and spend much, much less! I started off with a 6" vanilla and added several 1/2" clear round Zapdots, leaving the adhesive cover on the outside of the Zapdots. I then added three strips of P K Glitz's 1/4" Sticky Tape, again leaving the adhesive cover on. I poured out three areas of glitter, one for each color, and began peeling the adhesive covers off of the areas as I worked. I worked with all of one color before moving on to the next, shaking off the excess glitter. After all of the areas were covered, I ran the candle under the faucet rubbing areas where the excess glitter had stuck to the candle being careful to not rub off the areas I wanted the glitter to stay!
Supplies:
Glitter: Glitz in Chocolate, Charteuse, and Gilded Ivory (P K Glitz)
Adhesive Tape: 1/4" Sticky Tape (P K Glitz)
Adhesive: Helmar Zapdots, 1/2" Round Clear (Helmar)
Candle: 6" Vanilla

I am so pleased with how this candle turned out and can't wait to make more!

13 comments:

I Am Wonderfully Made said...

That's beautiful! It looks like it came right from the store! Great job!

Diana said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful, very elegant and sophisticated. Love it.
Thanks for playing at FD!!!

Pat said...

WOW!! I love this candle!!

CraftyGirl said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Not only do you save money doing it this way, but it would make a fabulous gift!!
Barb :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh this is so pretty and what a great idea...I agree those candles in the store cost a fortune...You
have inspired me....I need to create my own!!!

Thanks for stopping by my Blog!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Eric, Meg and Mason said...

This is gorgeous! I love the lime green with brown! I am seriously going to have to try this! Great work!!

Kim said...

such a wonderful easy decorating idea! I'll have to keep this in mind for my brother's wedding.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Wow I love home decor projects. This is lovely!

Jessica said...

Amazing work, as always, girlie!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Jamie - I am follower of your blog and so glad you entered the showcase with your fab candle at Cute and Some blog. I'll have to give it a whirl! thanks Sheryl

Lori Apgar said...

What an elegant candle!! Thanks for playing with us over at cuteandsome!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Jamie!!! Thank you so much for entering this candle in the showcase. I loved it when I first saw you'd posted it!!!

I actually thought I'd commented on this earlier, but I don't see it.

Thank, again!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jamie, whenever you're available, please come pick up your award for Showcase #11. Thank you so much for playing with us again!!! We love having you and we loved admiring your beautiful candle -- your creations are just always such and inspiration to us all.

We hope you come play again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...