Good Morning! Today I am back for a quick Valentine's gift that will work for all your sweethearts, including your significant other! It is so hard to find the perfect gift, you know...you want something personal and heartfelt and let's face it, that is tough to find in a store. So this year, I broke out some of my favorite CutCardStock.com card stocks and my Silhouette and created a card with a slot for love notes!
This file comes with the card base, eight decorative panels, three love note cuts, and two heart shapes and it is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats. The finished size is approximately 3" x 4-1/4" when folded and standard gift cards will also fit inside.
I used the Stardream Metallic Rose Card Stock for the base and the main scalloped heart. This card stock is 105# cover weight and has the most amazing shimmer, it really is gorgeous! I added Basis Red Card Stock as mats for the inside and outside areas and cut the little love notes using the Neenah Classic Linen Natural White Card Stock. This card stock has a beautiful linen texture that carries a real elegance, perfect for writing love notes (and it is also on sale too!).
Here is how I create mine:
1. Cut out all the pieces to the Love Notes file using the papers stated above.
2. Fold on all the score lines so your base looks like this image.
3. Flip your base over and add adhesive along the bottom and two sides as shown.
4. Adhere the center pieces together.
5. Adhere the mats in place on the inside and outer areas.
6. Adhere your scallop mats on each side of the center.
7. Write on your love notes and stick them in the center slot. Gift cards will also fit here if you wanted to include a date night to the movies or dinner!
8. Your project should look like this now! Fold it up adhere your heart and tie a cut of Ivory Ribbon to close.
Here is another view of the inside and cards!
You can find this file HERE!