Basket of Flowers

Good Morning!  I am so excited to share my first CutCardStock post with you!  I have been working with the Curious Metallic Cardstock and I am just in love with this product!  It has a sweet shimmer that just lights up every project that I use it with and the thickness of the paper is perfect!  It easily cuts with my die cutting machine as well as by hand, yet it is sturdy and holds form and score lines well!  Today I am going to show you how to make this adorable flower basket!


Tutorial: 

Cut or punch flower shapes in three sizes using the Curious Metallic Super GoldCurious Metallic Red Lacquer, and Curious Metallic Bloom.  For my flowers, I am using Samantha Walker's 3D Dimensional Flower Silhouette cut with the Coverstock cut setting for my Silhouette Cameo.


Once your flower pieces are cut, place a foam adhesive square in the center of the largest shape.


Adhere the middle shape to the center, off setting the petal forms as shown.  Place a second foam square in the center.

Adhere the smallest shape to the center, off setting the petal forms again.  Complete the flower by adding in a small pearl or gem.

Bend the flower petals to shape as desired.


Using the Curious Metallic Botanic Cardstock, punch out several leaf shapes.


Place each leaf on a score board and create a score through the center of the leaf shape as shown.


Place a foam adhesive toward the stem of each leaf.


Then adhere the leaf shapes for the bottom of the flower.


Your flowers should look similar to the image above.


Using my Silhouette, I cut out and assembled Samantha Walker's Woven Basket using the Curious Metallic Cognac Cardstock.  I tied a piece of pink double-faced satin ribbon around the handle then tied a piece of Blossom twine in the center.


I used the Curious Metallic Botanic Cardstock with fringing scissors to cut blades of grass.


Place the blades of grass in the bottom of the basket.


Then start placing in your flowers!  You can use adhesive to hold them in place or just sit them within the basket. 



CutCardStock products used in this project:

  Curious Metallic Card Stock COGNAC 111 lb Cardstock 8.5 x 11 -25 pk Curious Metallic Card Stock BLOOM 111 lb Cardstock 8.5 x 11 -25 pk   Curious Metallic RED LAQUER  111 lb Cardstock 8.5 x 11 -25 pk - Buy Cardstock
Curious Metallic SUPER GOLD 111 lb Cardstock 8.5 x 11 -25 pk - Buy Cardstock  Shimmer Green Metallic Card Stock

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

Share:

5 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...