• ½” Craft Glue Dots®
• Mini Glue Dots®
• 1” Glue Lines®
• Pattern Paper – Blackbird Collection (My Mind’s Eye)
• Die Cuts – Blackbird Collection (My Mind’s Eye)
• Black Chalk Ink (Cat’s Eye)
• 16” cut of twine
Note: You can download the cuts for the first two steps through these links:
• Cut a 6 ½” circle from the pattern paper for the base of the hat.
• Cut a circle that has a radius of 5 ½”, cut into thirds (we will only use one of these pieces). Roll loosely to form a cone.
• Place 1” Glue Lines® down one edge of the cone and adhere the other edge over it to secure the cone shape.
• To attach the cone to the bottom circle, fold the ½” Craft Glue Dots® in half and place them over the open rim of the cone, centering each one. Attach to the large circle, pressing firmly.
• Trim a ¼” x 12” and a ¼” x 1” paper for the band. Attach the two pieces together to form a ¼” x 13” piece. Adhere around the base of the cone, placing on top of the folded glue dots from above.
• Place the 16” cut of twine around the bottom of the band, placing over the remaining adhesive. Knot the twine and secure in place placing a Mini Glue Dots® behind the knot.
• Decorate as desired.
-I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team-