Monday, May 10, 2010



Monster Birthday!

I love how I can take any embellishment and make it coordinate with my projects by just adding glitter!  I had a natural colored monster that I wanted to add to my project, but I needed to change his color to have him to match my ribbon.  I used my glue pen and added Lemonade P K Glitter Glitz and within a matter of moments, they coordinate!
I used P K Sticky Paper to punch out the scallop shape and then covered it with Steel P K Glitter Glitz then adhered my modified monster!
Glitter is such an easy (and cute!) way to change up the items we already have!
Supplies:
Glitter: Glitz in Lemonade and Steel (P K Glitz)
Sticky Paper (P K Glitz)
Scrapbook Paper: Bloom (KI Memories)
Font: Baby Kruffy
Cardstock: White (DCWV)
Pens: Multiliner SP (Copic) and White Signo (Uni-ball)
Punch: Scallop (The Paper Studio)
Buttons: American Crafts
Misc: Ribbon

11 comments:

Amber said...

Can I ask you what your favorite paper is to use with your Copic markers? I just started and would love to know what you use. I just LOVE your projects. You have inspired me to try a new medium. Thanks!

Jamie Lane said...

Hi Amber! I mostly use a white cardstock pack that I purchased from Sam's Club (which I do not have the packing of, sorry)! I also use Strathmore Smooth Bristol which can be found in the art section. It is a little more pricey, so be sure to have a coupon with you before you purchase! :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Just adorable Jamie! Love all the sparkle!

CraftyGirl said...

Great idea to alter with glitter!! Can never have too much bling!! Love the fabric ribbon you used!
Barb :)

Kim said...

fabulous! I love how glitter can add just enough of a fabby effect to plain little things too. This is a perfect example.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

TraceyT said...

What an adorable card!

Bee's hive said...

I love that card! You know,I think I must identify with monsters...
I haven't heard from you in a while you must be busy busy busy!
take care and I hope you had a magnificent mothers day:)

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Love how you added that glitter to the monster, so cute :)

Sandy said...

Hi Jamie...thanx for taking the time to stop by and leave some blog love....adore your work...stop by when you have time...i have a little something for you!

Lori Apgar said...

What an adorable card!! I really like the ribbon (or is that fabric?) with the buttons on it! Really softens the card!

Leigh and Greg said...

What a cute card! I'm stopping by for a visit from New Friend Friday, LOVE your blog!

dirtcheapdecoratingdivas.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...