Tuesday, March 30, 2010



Missing you...

One of my favorite things to do is to make sentiments for my cards using Microsoft Word and text boxes.  I print my sentiment first on computer paper and then tape my paper on to the computer paper where I want the sentiment to appear.  The only issue I have with this technique is that it is flat and often fades into the card.  However, I am about to show you how you can change that! 
First, you will need to design your sentiment (and have it printed), Inkessentials Glossy Accents, and some P K Glitter Glitz
With your Glossy Accents, trace your letters that you want to draw attention to.  Note: If you get out of the lines or overlap two letters, you can use a toothpick to clean it up.
Once you have your letters traced add your glitter:
Shake off the excess glitter back into the jar and touch up any letters that you need to with the toothpick.  The Glossy Accents will take about 25-30 minutes to dry.
At this point I add my stamped image.  I do this at this point in case I mess up the lettering, but you could have it stamped before. 
I use Copic Sketch Markers to color in my image.
The Glossy Accents adds dimension, this is a level view of the lettering:
You can do this with stickers and rub-ons as well!  Such an easy way to change up the products we have and add dimension to our creations!

Supplies:
Glitter Glitz: Indigo (P K Glitz)
Font: Baby Kruffy & Corinthia
Glossy Accents (Inkessentials)
Markers:  Copic Sketch
Paper: Cardstock (DCWV & Kraft) / Pattern Paper Heidi Swapp
Pen:  White Signo Broad (uni-ball)
Ribbon - Misc.

9 comments:

JanR said...

Cool! Thanks for the tip.

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

This is so cute! Great tip :)

Frances said...

That monster is cracking me up...thanks for the tip!

Bee's hive said...

You have all the cute stuff...markers and monsters are the bomb!

Teri said...

Great idea, Jamie! Never occurred to me to glitter printed letters like that! :) Plus - love that stamp set!

Kim said...

FUN card! Love this technique and thanks for sharing it with us!
Have a fun week!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Donna E. said...

so cute!
so thankful i visited your blog, such inspiring projects :)

Janet said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Awesome cards, by the way

Gina said...

Great idea! I will try to pick up those supplies and use that technique soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...