Wednesday, May 23, 2012


The Twinery & Skipping Stones Design!

Welcome! 
Today The Twinery and Skipping Stone Design are teaming up to provide you lots of inspiration and fabulous prizes!


If this is your first stop, you will want to head back to The Twinery!
You should be arriving here from Stacy's Blog!



Today I am sharing a thank you card I created using 

and 


Don't they work beautifully together!?
 Supplies:
Cardstock: White (Recollections)
Ink: Embossing Distress Ink by Tim Holtz (The Twinery)
Embossing: Earthtone Nutmeg, Earthtone Olive, Earthtone Paprika, 
Regular by Suzy West (WOW Embossing Powders)
Chipboard: Stack-a-bellies birds (Basically Bare)
Sticker: Orchard Harvest by Samantha Walker (Creative Imaginations)
Adhesive: Adhesive Runner & 1/4" Square Zapdots (Helmar)

To create the twine wrapped bird, I placed adhesive over the front and edges of the chipboard bird and then began wrapping around the shape.  I taped the ends on the back of the bird and then used foam adhesive squares to adhere the bird to the card!


Be sure to check out The Twinery Blog to see the prizes and a full list of hop participants
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Your next stop on the hop is the amazing Kellie Winnell!

27 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jamie! Love the twine bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wonderful card! I like how you wrapped the bird with twine and love the Timeless Texture stamps. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love that twine bird and how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute way to use the twine on the bird. Love it!

    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bird and teh background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the twine.. Must try this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a creative idea! It really adds a lot of texture to your card. And Timeless Textures is my favorite SSD set, I'm so glad you chose to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card love the layering and the way you have used the Twin on the Bird is cool love the Pattered paper. thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.
    abbradock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing bird with the twine, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative! Love the bird and will give it a try. Already thinking of what other shapes/animals I could try this on.

    sheri

    sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card..thanks for the tutorial. jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card - love the background stamps and how you used them and such a creative way to use the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the twine on the bird! rlovew1976 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the combination of textures there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - FAB stamping and LOVE that twine wrapped bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bird.. Thanks for the tutorial pics... Those help so much

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your work! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! I love how you used the twine to cover one birdie! Thanks for the hop, Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those vivid colors! Cute twine birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Love your use of SSD stamps and how your use of the twine! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card - so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, love the stamps and the use of the twine, very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome work!
    love how you wrapped that bird in Twine!
    //katarina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! If you are asking a question please make sure your account is linked to your email address or provide your email address in your comment so that I am able to reply! You can also email me at jamielanedesigns@gmail.com

Thanks, Jamie