Friday, May 11, 2012


The Twinery + DeNami Designs

If you are looking for the Samantha Walker Blog Hop, click HERE
If you are looking for the Sweet Stamp Shop Blog Hop, click HERE



Welcome!  Today The Twinery and DeNami Design are teaming up to provide you lots of inspiration and fabulous prizes!

If this is your first stop, you will want to head back to The Twinery!
You should be arriving here from Emily Keaton's Blog!

Today I am sharing a birthday card I created using The Twinery's Maraschino Baker's Twine (still my most favorite) and DeNami Design's Happy Birthday Sentiment and Border!  Don't they work beautifully together!?

Supplies:
Paper: For the Record 6x6 pad (Echo Park)
Punch: X-Large Circle (Fiskars) and Crop-A-Dile (We R Memory Keepers)
Ink: Mustard Seed Distress Ink by Tim Holtz (Ranger)
and Tuxedo Black (Momento)
Pencils: Colored Pencils (Faber-Castell)
Other: Gamsol

And here is how I put it together...
1.  Stamp the Birthday Celebrations border on white cardstock in black ink then fussy cut the bottom edge.
2.  Using adhesive, add Maraschino twine in between the border area of the stamp.
3.  Punch holes where the small circles are in the stamp.
4.  Use an ink to color the white cardstock.
5.  Place a lot of color on the border.
6.  Color the details of the stamp with color pencils and use Gamsol to blend.


To be eligible for prizes, just leave comments on each participating blog on the hop. 
Deadline to leave comments is 11:59pm, EDT, Saturday, May 12th.  
Winners will be announced on The Twinery Blog on Sunday, May 13th.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Your next stop on the hop is the amazing Laurie Willison!



59 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially how you inked over the twine in that border. Such a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. love how you did the border and those flowers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the flowers!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Birthday card. Love the photos you took of the process too... hole punching the border strip -GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card love it all and bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card! I love the rolled flowers and sentiment tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little card! I love the paper flowers you made and love how you did the punches in the border...adds a great effect.

    (tmilbourn2621 at aol dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love the rolled flowers, adds such an air of elegance :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card i love the vibrant colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, goodness! This is SUPER cute! I love your fun colors and sweet rolled rosettes. But the best part is how you've combined the best of DeNami Design and The Twinery for a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute - and thank you for the little tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable card, Jamie! And I love the idea of punching out the circles! I woulda never thunk!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So super cute and I love the rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is just fantastic!!!! I LOVE that new birthday border stamp, and you used it PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great birthday card! I have a couple to make this week and this has inspired me. Thanks for the complete instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those spirally flowers are just perfect for this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the tutorial!!! I LOVE learning new stuff!!! Hop Hop Hop away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweet card!Love the border how you put it all together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, I love that Birthday celebrations border stamp. That is so cool. Ok, another project to add to my to do list. This was so cute and the colors are so great. Thaks for sharingn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card. I too love the maraschino twine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card! I love the way you added the holes to the border design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. SUPER FUN and CUTE birthday card!!! LOVE the stamped strips, the rolled flowers and the twine!!! FANTASTIC combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card!!! the flowers and detailed border are fabulous and so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice card! How you got all the details to balance out, I will never know. Your talent is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice card...love the grid paper with a neutral feel to it and then the twine to dress it up a bit and crowned with pretty flowers for a girly feel...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE your card. The sentiment is beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial on making the card!! You make it look so easy!!

    CarolynG
    always_painting@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful card, love the colors, love the stamped border!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful card! Love the stamped border with twine, and thanks for the step-by-step instructions too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great looking Card.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. love it! the little flowers are so cute.

    dvlr@netzero.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute card. Love your detail work.
    TFS
    Midge :)
    midge@emcitydotnet
    scrappintoxicmidgedotblogspotdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your work Jamie, which means I love this card! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very sweet card! I love how you use
    pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww card is adorable! Love the design and color choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. wowee, gorgeous card - love the rolled roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome card !! I aways love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love the idea i can get easy links to visit all your creative blog circle. Thanks for the chance & keep up the good work!

    i love your craft ideas =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful card. love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great card - I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card! I love the flowers you made, the colors you used, and the sweet twine bow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. very cute - thanks for sharing! love the punching of the polka dots, I have this set I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So cute! I love the inking and hole punching. Such easy little touches that i dont think of - thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  45. THANKS for sharing!! I LOVED you creation!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! If you are asking a question please make sure your account is linked to your email address or provide your email address in your comment so that I am able to reply! You can also email me at jamielanedesigns@gmail.com

Thanks, Jamie