This file comes with the wreath base and the snowflake pieces. It is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats. Note: The file comes sized to fit the 8x12 mat but can be enlarged (make sure you leave it all grouped) to have the wreath base fit the full 12x12 mat.
Here is the tutorial:
**My tutorial photos are reversed in order, so sorry! Please start with the bottom center photo**
1. Cut out all your pieces. For each snowflake you will have three parts. Fold the scored snowflakes on the score line.
2. Place adhesive on the two scored circles on that snowflake then adhere it to the coordinating snowflake using just those two circles.
3. Place foam adhesive squares on the smallest snowflake piece (placing one on each end towards a tip). Adhere one side to the scored snowflake then bring the other side of the scored snowflake up just a bit and adhere the other side in place. This helps hold the "popped-up" form.
4. Place your ribbon/twine through the holes of the wreath base and tie.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 until you have 8 snowflakes completed. If you do not want to tie a bow around the edge of your wreath, you can cut 9 snowflakes. I adhere my snowflakes on with large foam adhesive.
This 3D Hanging snowman is approximately 9" tall! The file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all the pieces, keeping them in their corresponding sizes. Adhere two together to for a "+" then adhere the other two together in a separate "+" shape. Stager the pieces together so they look like those in the image above. Do this for all three.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon (24" or so) and push through the bottom hole of the largest set. Tie a knot in the bottom.
3. Pull the other side of the ribbon up through each of the holes.
4. Your large shape should look like this now.
5. Slide the next sized shape (the medium) on to the top of the large shape.
6. Pull the other side of the ribbon up through each of the holes.
7. Your shape should look like this now.
8. Slide the next sized shape (the smallest) on to the top of the medium shape.
9. Pull the other side of the ribbon up through each of the holes. Your finished shape should look like this now. Tie the ribbon around itself to form a loop. Trim the end.
10. Cut out the hat pieces. Place the hat strip on as shown then place two small foam adhesives at the top of the hat.
11. Adhere the two hat pieces together.
12. Slide the hat on to the ribbon loop and push down over the snowman's head. Cut out the face pieces and adhere in place. Tie a ribbon around the next for a scarf. To finish, cut the arm piece out and push through the middle ball and slide to the top area to secure in place.