Today I am sharing three new St. Patrick's Day projects!
I'll start with my favorite, my 3D Shamrock Wreath!
This file is perfect for creating a wreath for your house or it can be scaled down to use on a layout, card, or project! The file comes with the wreath base and shamrocks in different sizes, each with their own score lines to give the leaf dimension.
Tutorial:1. Cut out the wreath base and the shamrocks. I cut five strips of shamrocks in the same color as my wreath base and the other three strips in a lighter shade of green.
2. Bend each petal on the score lines provided then use glue dots to adhere the shamrocks to the wreath base.
3. Continue adding on the shamrocks until you get your desired look. Tie a ribbon to embellish or add on the Stitched Layered Shamrock from below!
This file comes with a top layer that has holes for stitching and a bottom layer for the mat. This one can be sized to fit your needs and work perfectly with my 3D Shamrock Wreath!
Tutorial:1. Cut out the two shamrock shapes. Thread your needle with twine and push it through the back of the top layer with holes near the stem. Tape the twine in place. Continue going in and out of the holes.2. You can single stitch so your shamrock looks similar to this image...3. ...or go back through the holes that weren't stitched for a double-stitch look.4. When finished, tape of your twine behind the top layer.5. Add small foam adhesives as shown.6. Adhere the top layer on the larger mat piece. You can use this on a card, layout, or project...and it works perfectly with the 3D Shamrock Wreath...
When you put the two together
Isn't it adorable!? I have this hanging on my front door!
Next up is my Shamrock Box!
This box is perfect for baked goods or small gifts|treats! It is approximately 4-3/4" x 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" and is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats. The file comes with the box and two shamrock shapes!
1. Cut out the box base. Fold on all the score lines and place adhesive on the two side tabs.
2. Adhere the side tabs to the box side.
3. Pop up the box, push in the two bottom tabs then insert the tab into the slot to close the bottom.
4. Sit the box up and pinch in the sides. Tuck the small top tab into the slot. Note: I use a removable adhesive once my box is filled to keep the box top secure. The removable adhesive allows the gift to be open and closed again and again.
5. Your box should look like this now. Cut out your shamrock shapes, adhere the centers together and then attach them to your box. Embellish as desired!