This is my new Lotus Flower Tealight Candle Holder!
The finished project is approximately 7" x 7" x 2" (widest areas) and the center is made to house a battery operated tealight candle (approximately 1-1/2" diameter). You can use this flower without the tealight candle as well to hold jewelry or candy. These look amazing on tables for wedding receptions and for bridal and baby showers or even those upcoming graduation party tables!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all the pieces.
2. Begin pinching each petal of each flower.
3. Your flowers should look like this now.
4. Begin adhering the flowers together, largest to smallest, staggering the petals.
5-7. Continue adding the flower layers.
8. Grab the strip with the tabs and fringe. Place adhesive on the side tab.
9. Adhere the side tab to the other end to form.
10. Place adhesive around the edges of one of the circles.
11. Insert the circle with the adhesive side down, adhere the tabs.
12. Turn the piece over and cover the second circle in adhesive.
13. Place the circle on the bottom to cover the tabs.
14. Place adhesive on the straight edge of the second fringe piece. Adhere it to the piece you just built.
15. Wrap all the way around then bend out the fringe pieces.
16. Adhere the piece in the center of the flowers.
17. Insert your battery operated candle.