Saturday, March 29, 2014


Lotus Flower Tealight Candle Holder

The finished project is approximately 7" x 7" x 2" (widest areas) and the center is made to house a battery operated tealight candle (approximately 1-1/2" diameter).  You can use this flower without the tealight  candle as well to hold jewelry or candy.  These look amazing on tables for wedding receptions and for bridal and baby showers or even those upcoming graduation party tables!


Here is the tutorial:
1.  Cut out all the pieces.
2.  Begin pinching each petal of each flower.
3.  Your flowers should look like this now.
4.  Begin adhering the flowers together, largest to smallest, staggering the petals.
5-7. Continue adding the flower layers.
8. Grab the strip with the tabs and fringe.  Place adhesive on the side tab.
9. Adhere the side tab to the other end to form.
10. Place adhesive around the edges of one of the circles.
11. Insert the circle with the adhesive side down, adhere the tabs.
12. Turn the piece over and cover the second circle in adhesive. 
13. Place the circle on the bottom to cover the tabs.
14. Place adhesive on the straight edge of the second fringe piece. Adhere it to the piece you just built.
15. Wrap all the way around then bend out the fringe pieces.
16. Adhere the piece in the center of the flowers.
17. Insert your battery operated candle.




15 comments:

Carrie K said...

Gorgeous!!!

Nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Griffith said...

I just made several of these flowers for a mother's day tea party this week at school. I love how easy it was to put together!!

Thanks for a great file and easy to understand directions.

Jason Knight said...

I will have to make a few of these candle holders sometime. I want to make my wife a special surprise dinner and I think that she will love it. I want to have some candles there too just to help set a mood that will make her laugh a little bit.

Jason|http://www.acdtreasures.com/default.asp?dept_id=45010

sanam arzoo said...

Wonderful details. Thank you with regard to offering all of us this type of helpful details. Carry on the excellent operate and keep on offering all of us a lot more top quality details every once in awhile.Candle

katysewell12 said...

My little sister is in the middle of planning her wedding. She has told us that she wants a lot of candles around the venue. Would anyone happen to know where she can find a wide variety of tea light candleholders? http://www.egiftscentral.com/listing.asp?dept_id=45010&nopopup=1

Stacey Beck said...

These are so cute! We bought a bunch of tea lights to use at a party coming up and these would be really cute to decorate with. I think it would be fun to add a pop of color.

http://www.classiccollections.biz/listing.asp?dept_id=45010&nopopup=1

bryan flake said...

My wife loves to have candles lit in various places in our home. I am a bit nervous having candles just sitting lit without something to protect from melting wax. Can I buy tea light candle holders in bulk?

bryanflake1984| http://www.classiccollections.biz/listing.asp?dept_id=45010&nopopup=1

Jennifer Davies said...

These look amazing. I would buy these any day. I'm thinking I could do a simplified version for my kids for Halloween. That way they could even customize their tea lights in their pumpkins.

Jenn | http://www.coragiftshop.com

Willy said...

These look amazing on tables for wedding receptions and for bridal and baby showers or even ... candlelanternsforweddings.blogspot.com

Rachel Saunders said...

Oh wow I love these pieces, I just bought my first home and I am getting into the DIY mindset for candle holders as well as other pieces for my living room. Very creative!

Megan Jones said...

This is a really creative idea you have posted here. Sometimes getting ideas for decorations can be hard. I like to reuse, but I do like to make new ones.
http://malibucreations.com/collections/marrakesh-market.html

Kersten said...

Can I buy tea light candle holders in bulk? bryanflake1984| ... candlebulk.blogspot.com

Dave Thompson said...

What a neat craft idea for a candle holder. These would look great in the front room of my apartment. Might have to try making a few of these this weekend. Hopefully they turn out as well as yours did. http://www.giftent.com/listing.asp?dept_id=45230&nopopup=1

Adonomist said...

Such a great information on Bulk Candles. Also helpful to search and full details on Candles in Bulk. Thanks for it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...