I am so excited to be starting my week off with this new cutting file. This is my Christmas List Organizer and if you are anything like me, this little cutie will help you out SO much!
I have had a Christmas List Organizer for the past four years and it is seriously helped me with overspending issues as well as keeping track of what everyone wants and what I bought! (You have no idea how many times I have forgotten about gifts only to find them after the Holiday is over!) This also helps me remember everyone I need to buy for!
This file comes with four pages, each containing two pockets, print and cut pocket inserts, decorative page mats, and the cover…and all of it is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats! The print and cut pocket inserts have a slot for the name at the top, eight slots for purchased items, and eight spaces for ideas. The best part? It is small enough to fit in your handbag! The finished project measures approximately 5-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 3/4" so you can carry it everywhere!
If you have more than eight to buy for or need more than eight slots for gifts and ideas, you can adhere two cards together so each card would have a front and back!
Here is the tutorial:1. Cut out all the pieces: One cover, Four pages, Eight decorative page mats, Eight print and cut pocket inserts.
2-3. Fold the cover accordion style as shown in these photos (displaying the front and back views).
4. For each page you will have two pockets. One fold up and the other down and both adhere in the center. This image shows the score lines folded.
5. Place adhesive on the bottom tab then fold the long side tab in.
6. Fold that entire piece over toward the right, adhering to the center to form the first pocket.
7. Turn your page over and place adhesive on the bottom tab then adhere the long side tab in. Do not adhere to the center yet.
8. Next grab your cover piece and place adhesive on each side of each accordion fold.
9. Grab your page you were working on. Adhere each side of your page on one of the peaks of the accordion fold in the cover as shown. Press firmly to secure in place.
10-11. Repeat steps 4-9 for each page until all pages are adhered to each peak in your book.
12. When closed, your book should look like this now.
13. Place the print and cut pocket inserts into each pocket (tutorial for the print and cut is below).
14. Adhere the decorative page mats in place.
15. Tie a bow around the cover so that you can slip it off and on if desired!
Here is the print and cut tutorial:
1. Right click (or Ctrl-click for Mac) on the cut file and choose ungroup. Move everything off your active mat except for the print and cut cards. Click on the "Open Registration Mark Settings Window" icon (upper right corner) and click on the "Show Reg Marks" box.
2. Select the "Open the Page Tools Window" icon (upper right corner) and choose your paper/printer size. I am printing on letter sized card stock so I am selecting the "Letter" option. Your active window will shrink to the appropriate size. Move your print and cut cards so that they are inside the registration markings.3. Next click on the "Send to Silhouette" icon (upper left). Then click on the "Click here to print" area.
4. Select your printer and click "Print".
5. After your printing is done. Load your paper on the mat as shown on the virtual mat in the software. Make sure you have the arrow pointing up on your real mat as on the virtual mat. Load your mat into your Silhouette and then click "Continue".
6. Click on the "automatically detect" area and the machine will begin detecting the registration marks.
7. Once the detection is complete, verify your cut settings then click "Cut".
You can find this file HERE!
Here is a sneak peek of my other files releasing this week!