This is my new 3D Organizational Desk Tray and it is approximately 7" x 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" when finished. It has 15 pencil/pen holders, two large compartments (mine are holding a tape, and two different adhesives in the back) and two smaller compartments (both of which are holding scissors in my image). The file contains two pieces for the box base, an inside divider piece to help hold the contents in place), a divider lid, and four decorative mat pieces for the outside of the box. This file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out the box base pieces and fold on the score lines. Note that on the larger piece there are three marking lines along the long right edge (one in the center and one on each side panel). These are guidelines for adhering the box together.
2. Place adhesive on the box pieces as shown.
3. Adhere the centers together using the guidelines so the right piece just touches them up.
4. Next adhere the sides to the box.
5. Then adhere the long side pieces down into the box to help hold everything in place.
6. Cut your two divider pieces. If you place them on top of each other you will see one is slightly smaller. The smaller one will be your inside divider and the larger your lid.
7. With the smaller, add adhesive to the four small tabs and adhere them to the box sides.
8. Place the divider inside your box base. It will fit snuggly.
9. Next place adhesive on the four tabs of your larger lid piece.
10. Adhere the tabs to the box sides.
11. Place adhesive around the top edges of the box base as shown.
12. Place your lid on top of the box and press firmly on the edges to adhere.
13. Adhere the decorative mats in place.
14. Then fill your box with supplies you use the most or you could even fill it with art supplies for the kids...or use it as a gift set for the upcoming Holidays for your crafty friends!