This week I have two different Gable Boxes, both unique in size! These boxes are perfect for holding a variety of gifts and even party favors!
This is my Short Wide Gable Box!
This box measures approximately 5-1/2" x 9-1/2" x 1-1/2" and comes with the box base (cut two pieces) and four decorative panel pieces and is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8x12 mats.
The next is my Tall Skinny Gable Box!
This box measures approximately 9-1/2" x 6" x 1-1/4" and comes with the box base (cut two pieces) and four decorative panel pieces and is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8x12 mats.
Both boxes are assembled similarly - here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the box base pieces. You will need two. Fold on all the score lines and place adhesive on the two side tabs.
2. Adhere the centers together as shown.
3. Then bring the side over and adhere the final side tab in place.
4. For the bottom, push the two side tabs in and push the top part down. Add adhesive to the edge of the bottom piece.
5. Then adhere the bottom to the top piece to close the bottom.
6. For the top, line the two tops together...
7. and close by pushing the tabs through the slots.
8. Your box will look like this now.
9. Place adhesive on the backs of the decorative panels and adhere into place.
10. Embellish your box as desired. I added ribbon and twine to the handle.
11. This is the short-wide box.
12. This is the two boxes next to each other.