This 5x7 Card and Photo Storage box holds 5x7 photos and standard A7 (5-1/4" x 7-1/4") cards and envelopes. The finished project measures approximately 7-1/4" x 5-1/4" x 1-1/8". The box has a hinged lid that helps keep the dust and light off the photos which will help protect them and the side slots allow the photos to be taken out of the box from the sides which will keep those finger prints off them too and the lid closes completely so that you can use it for gifting homemade cards along with corresponding envelopes! The file is compatible with both the 12x12 and 8x12 mats.
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut the pieces and fold on the score lines.
2. Apply adhesive to the tabs of the large piece and adhere the tabs to the box sides. It should look like this now.
3. Grab the lid piece and place adhesive on the tabs and adhere the tabs to the sides.
4. Next cut and fold the remaining piece.
5. Place adhesive in the lid area
6. Line up the piece with the lid piece and adhere the piece inside the lid piece as shown.
7. Next turn your main piece over (with cut-out ends) and apply adhesive to the bottom.
8. Adhere the piece to the bottom of the main piece.
9. Turn the piece over and fill with photos or cards.
10. Close the lid.