Good morning! Today I am back with you again today with a fun altered project perfect for a summer craft with your kiddos!
I purchased a chalkboard set from the Dollar store that came with the chalkboard, chalk and a shaped sponge.
- Measure the chalkboard circle.
- Use a circle cutter and remove the circle from a 12x12 piece of paper. This one was a 5" circle.
- Center the paper with the cut circle over the chalkboard center then flip the paper over and trace around the edges for cut lines. Cut the paper out just within the lines drawn then punch the corners with a 1/4" corner rounder.
- Use Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue to cover the mat of the chalkboard
- Adhere the paper and smooth out any folds.
- Cut a 5" circle from a coordinating paper then cut a 4-1/2" from its center. Adhere the circle in the center using the Helmar Adhesive Runner.
- Cut two 1" pieces of paper and punch a scallop border in each. Use the Helmar Adhesive Runner to adhere each scallop to the end of each end, lining up the edges.
- On the bottom scallop, run a strip of adhesive across the middle of the scallop piece of paper.
- Cut five pieces of baker's twine and adhere across the adhesive, trim the edges.
- Decorate as desired.
These are perfect for the kids to decorate or even to make for friends as gifts!
Patterned Paper: Kaleidoscope Pyramid Pad (Momenta)
Stickers: Kaleidoscope Clear Layered (Momenta) and
Ink: Orchid Pastel and Amber Clay (Clearsnap)
Ribbon: Pink (May Arts)
Twine: Pink Sorbet (The Twinery)
Misc: Chalkboard, Chalk, Sponge
Thanks so much for stopping by!