Welcome to Day 1 of the Imaginisce & The Twinery Blog Hop!
If you've reached my blog by way of the talented Adora Concepcion then you are in the perfect spot! If not, head back to the beginning over at the Imaginisce Blog because there are a lot of amazing projects and prizes that you do not want to miss!
Today I am sharing a Gift Set For Best Friends! I am using the Sole Sisters collection by Imaginisce along with The Twinery's Maraschino twine! I love the colors in this collection and the embellishments are wonderfully designed and the red matches perfectly with the Maraschino twine! Just have a look...
I am also sharing a tutorial to make the bracelet from my set! These are so much fun to make and a great way to get the kids involved in crafting!
1. Cut 15-25 strips of ½” x 10” pieces of pattern paper. Trim an angle at one end.
Note: I used 15 for this bracelet, which is a good size for a small child. You can make the beads smaller (not as thick) by trimming down the length of paper as well. We like them thick.
2. Place a bead of glue down the backside of the paper. Run your finger along the glue to flatten it out.
3. Starting with the angled end, roll the paper tightly around the center of the toothpick. It is important to place the paper on the center of the toothpick so the size of the hole will be large enough for the twine. Make sure to roll each paper bead tightly.
4. This is what your bead should look like.
5. Do steps 1-3 for each strip of paper you have.
6. Trim a piece of twine to 28” – 36” (depending on how many beads you used). String one bead and place it in the center of the string.
7. With your second bead, begin stringing as you did the first.
8. Close up picture of step #7.
9. Take the second string and pull it through the other end of the bead as shown (right string goes left, left string goes right).
10. Pull both strings equally, placing the bead directly on top of the initial bead.
11. Continue adding beads using steps 7-10 .
12. Your bracelet should look similar to this when your last bead is on.
13. To finish the bracelet, thread your twine back through your initial bead.
14. Pull the second string through the initial bead.
15. Tie a double knot to finish and trim twine close to the knot.
16. Finished bracelet.
Pattern Paper: Sole Sisters, Imaginisce
Embellishments: Sole Sisters, Imaginisce
Twine: Maraschino, The Twinery
Die Cut: Purse, Silhouette America
Punch: Double Embossed Dotted Lace Edger, EK Success
Ink: Gray Whale, Cat's Eye Chalk Ink, Color Box
Pen: White Gel, Sakura
Now for the prizes!
To be eligible for the prizes you MUST comment on each blog, each day. The deadline for leaving comments is 11:59 EDT, Sunday April 22 and winners will be announced on each company blog on Monday!
|The Twinery will be giving away THREE 'I Dream in Twine' packs to three different winners!|
|Imaginisce will be giving away THREE 'Makin' Waves' collections to three different winners!|
Thanks so much for joining me today! I am the last stop on the hop for today but be sure to check out The Twinery on Facebook and stop back by The Twinery Blog tomorrow for more amazing projects and chances to win!