Monday, October 03, 2011


Altered Mirror

This project has me completely tickled! 

As I was walking through the clearance section at Hobby Lobby, I ran across a mirror that was in desperate need of some attention.  It was normally a $49.99 mirror but because of all the damage and missing pieces, they had it marked down to $4.99!  I knew it was going to take some creativity and a lot of time to get it into the shape that I would need it in for Hannah to approve it for her room (tweens are so picky!).  After a lot of glue removal, rebending the little frames back into what I assume is there original design, some amazing circles punched in Jillibean's Watermelon Gazpacho 6x6 mini pad, loads of hot glue, and some help from my Xyron 1.5" Create-A-Sticker machine...I am so very pleased with my altered mirror!

 
Not bad for $5.00, right!?

Hannah loves it as much as I do and she is excited for it to be added to her room...
so now the question is, can I give it up!?  :)

Supplies:
Paper: Watermelon Gazpacho Soup 6x6 Mini Pad (Jillibean Soup)
Punch: Circle Maker (Creative Memories)
Mirror: Clearance at Hobby Lobby
Adhesive: Hot Glue (Misc) and 1.5" Create-a-Sticker X Machine (Xyron)

9 comments:

MichelleMyBelle said...

WOW! this looks great. Nice job.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This looks AWESOME!! What a bargain you found! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I totally love this mirror Jamie! Thanks for the inspiration!

bonkdawn said...

Very, very cool!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! This turned out GREAT!!!

Jingle said...

That is SO cute!!!! Great job!

LEEANN said...

This is fabulous. I can't believe you got that for $5.00. What a find. I am sure your daughter loves it.

It's Jenn! said...

This is FABULOUS! What a steal and quite possibly better than the original would have been!

Kray said...

What a wonderful idea! I have a few mirrors I need to jazz up....I may just take this idea and run with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...