Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Game Plays



Tackle football.  Three hours a night, five nights a week...(until school starts then we will just be three nights a week, and I am already looking forward to the reduced practice hours)!  Don't get me wrong, I love watching Gannon do what he enjoys, perhaps even loves...but the commitment is a lot, for all of us!  I remind myself daily (as I am washing water bottles and uniforms) that he enjoys this and that it will be over within three months!  Of course, there are the pieces I enjoy...making shakers and play books for example (the pieces where I don't have to watch my child get tackled!)! 
Now, I can't show you the majority of this book as it is TOP SECRET stuff and Coach would have me doing lap (eek!) - but you can see the front and the inside page:
Supplies:
Cardstock:  White (The Paper Studio)
Stickers:  Football (Momenta)
Chipboard:  DCWV
Binding:  Bind-it-All
Punch:  EK Success
Pen:  Medium, Black (American Crafts)
Misc:  Twine

10 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Wow - that is a lot of football! But if he enjoys it then it is all worth it in the end! (fabulous book too!)

Deanne :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is a lot of game time! I am LOVING the book you made!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Melissa said...

Great play book! I hear you...our nephew has been having 2 a days for the last 2 weeks (6 hours of practice). Thankfully this week they were cut back to 2 hour practices and they have their first game on Thursday!

Enjoy football season! It will be over before you know it....

Anonymous said...

Articles are meaningful, and your blog is nice!
Cheap Nike Air Jordan Shoes LV JeansEvisu JeansRed Monkey JeansDolce Gabbana JeansAbercrombie Fitch JeansCoogi JeansBbc JeansArmani JeansArtful Dodger JeansAfflication JeansBape Jeans

My Inkie Fingers said...

That is a big comittment! At least it gives you a good reason to use the Zutter, and create a fun project =)

TFS

Jingle said...

That is the cutest playbook I have ever seen!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Great book!

4kids4 said...

Love that book! My 8 yr-old started playing this season. Two hours every night, 5 nights a week...then 3 nights and 2 weekend games once school begins. It IS a lot. But he's loving every second of it. I just keep telling myself that I'll survive the season!

Audrey Frelx said...

I have a nephew who's into football and his mom feels the same way -- LOL!!!

What a great looking book; I hope we get to see more of it when it's available for viewing!

Kim said...

jamie, that photo is priceless! I love the way the sun is cast in it! I always had the basketball practices...I've been out of school for 23 years now and sometimes, I still miss it!
Your play book is terrific! Is he a freshman? OMG.....
blessings,
Kim xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...